Shakira, whose stage name is Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll, is a Colombian vocalist, composer, dancer, and record producer. She was born in Colombia’s Barranquilla on February 2, 1977.
Shakira started her musical journey at the age of 13, and in 1991, she put out her debut record, “Magia.” She didn’t, however, become well-known abroad until the publication of her fourth record, “Dónde Están los Ladrones?,” in 1998. The hit song “Ciega, Sordomuda” was on the album, which has more than 7 million copies distributed globally.
Since then, Shakira has put out a number of well-received recordings, including “She Wolf,” “Fijación Oral, Vol. 1,” and “Laundry Service.” She is one of the best-selling Latin music artists of all time with over 70 million records distributed globally.
Shakira has produced a lot of music over the course of her lifetime. Her most well-known and well-liked tracks include the following:
- “Hips Don’t Lie” featuring Wyclef Jean
- “Whenever, Wherever”
- “Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)”
- “La Tortura” featuring Alejandro Sanz
- “Underneath Your Clothes”
- “She Wolf”
- “Loca” featuring Dizzee Rascal
- “Dare (La La La)”
- “Can’t Remember to Forget You” featuring Rihanna
- “Chantaje” featuring Maluma
These songs are just a few examples of Shakira’s extensive discography, which includes songs in both English and Spanish.
The following information about Shakira is fascinating:
- Shakira is of Italian, Hispanic, and Syrian ancestry.
- At the age of eight, she composed her first song, and at the age of thirteen, she secured her first record contract.
- Shakira is a native speaker of Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish, and English.
- She is the first South American musician to receive a Grammy.
- Shakira is a skilled performer who is especially well-known for her belly dancing.
- On the Hollywood Wall of Fame, she has a plaque.
In order to aid disadvantaged children in Colombia, Shakira established the Pies Descalzos Charity, which she is actively engaged in.
She has worked on numerous initiatives to enhance children’s access to health care and education as a UNICEF Goodwill Advocate.
Awards and Recognitions:
Shakira has won numerous awards and recognitions throughout her career. Here are some of her most notable achievements:
- Three Grammy Awards and 12 Latin Grammy Awards
- Four MTV Video Music Awards and two MTV Europe Music Awards
- Two Billboard Music Awards and six Billboard Latin Music Awards
- One Golden Globe nomination for “Try Everything” from the movie Zootopia
- One Academy Award nomination for “Despedida” from the movie Love in the Time of Cholera
- A star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- The Latin Recording Academy Person of the Year in 2011
- The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Goodwill Ambassador
- The World Economic Forum’s Crystal Award in 2018 for her leadership in improving early childhood education in Latin America and beyond.
These are just a few of Shakira’s many accomplishments and recognitions.
Since 2010, Shakira and Spanish player Gerard Piqué have been a couple. The couple met when he appeared in the music video for her single “Waka Waka (This Time for Africa),” which was the official anthem of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Milan was born in 2013 and Sasha was born in 2015, the couple’s two offspring. Although they have kept their personal lives very private, they have periodically posted pictures and family updates on social media.
Shakira dated Piqué after courting Argentine attorney Antonio de la Ra for ten years prior. After their breakup in 2011, de la Ra sued Shakira for $100 million, alleging that he was due a portion of her earnings.
Throughout her tenure, Shakira has participated in numerous concert trips. Some of her most noteworthy performances are listed below:
- Tour Anfibio (1999) – Shakira’s first concert tour to promote her album “Dónde Están los Ladrones?”
- Tour of the Mongoose (2002-2003) – One of her most successful tours, promoting her album “Laundry Service,” featuring hits such as “Whenever, Wherever” and “Underneath Your Clothes.”
- Oral Fixation Tour (2006-2007) – In support of her albums “Fijación Oral, Vol. 1” and “Oral Fixation, Vol. 2.”
- The Sun Comes Out World Tour (2010-2011) – Named after her bilingual album “Sale el Sol,” which featured hits such as “Loca” and “Rabiosa.”
- El Dorado World Tour (2018-2019) – Promoting her eleventh studio album “El Dorado,” featuring hits such as “Chantaje” and “Me Enamoré.”
Shakira’s shows are renowned for their exuberant displays and integration of Latin rhythms and dance. She has travelled all over the globe on her travels, stopping in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. Throughout her work, Shakira has also given performances at a great deal of concerts and unique occasions.
Shakira has ventured into various business endeavors throughout her career. Here are some of her most notable business ventures:
- Perfumes – Shakira has released several perfumes in partnership with beauty companies such as Puig and Avon.
- Fashion – She has also launched her own fashion line in collaboration with the department store chain, C&A.
- Charity work – Shakira founded the Pies Descalzos Foundation, which aims to provide education and healthcare to children living in poverty in Colombia. She is also a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and has worked on various charitable projects throughout her career.
- Venture capital – Shakira has invested in various tech start-ups through her investment firm, Tropic Ventures. One of her notable investments includes the ride-hailing app, Uber.
- Philanthropic partnerships – Shakira has collaborated with many organizations and companies to raise funds and awareness for various causes, including her partnership with the FC Barcelona Foundation to build schools in Colombia.
These are just a few of Shakira’s commercial endeavours over the journey of her work. She is famous for her spirit of exploration and commitment to using her influence to improve the world.
Musical Style and Legacy:
With songs that frequently examine themes of love, sorrow, and societal problems, Shakira’s music is a distinctive fusion of Latin, Arabic, and rock elements. She is renowned for both her spirited and dynamic acts as well as her unique vocal, which has been compared to being emotive and forceful.
Shakira’s music has had a big influence on the Latin music scene and has contributed to the global success of Latin pop and rock music. She is one of the best-selling Latin music artists of all time with over 70 million records distributed globally.
Shakira is renowned for her charitable work in addition to her artistic accomplishments, especially in the fields of education and early childhood development. Her Pies Descalzos Charity has aided in the construction of classrooms.
An author of Update UI, We have published more articles focused on blogging, business, lifestyle, digital marketing, social media, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.